Dr. iur., attorney-at-law, certified tax expert, partner
University of Zurich, School of Law (Dr. iur., magna cum laude, 2000); admitted to the bar (2002); certified tax expert (2008); admitted as listing expert recognised by the SIX Swiss Exchange under article 43 Listing Rules
Research assistant of Prof. Dr. Dieter Zobl, Chair for Private Banking and Commercial Law, Law Faculty of the University of Zurich (1997-1999); District Court of Zurich (2000/2001); associate with the law firm since 2002 (partner since 2012)
German, English, French
Preferred Areas of Practice
- general tax advice and planning for private and corporate Clients
- providing advice and support in taking up Swiss residency for the first time
- advice on taking up self-employment
- tax advice with regard to real estate matters, in particular capital gains tax on real estate
- reorganisation and restructuring of companies and obtaining tax rulings
- succession planning of companies and review of the company structures
- representation in tax proceedings before cantonal and federal authorities and courts, incl. supplementary tax proceedings and penal proceedings
Business Law (incl. Contract Law, Corporate Law, Transactions / Mergers & Acquisitions, IT Law, Real Estate)
- incorporation of companies, corporations and establishment of branches
- company reorganisations and restructurings
- drawing up customised shareholder agreements and transfer Agreements
- establishment of company structures incl. by-laws and other internal regulations and directives, such as rules on management transactions, insider trading, data protection, anti-corruption etc.
- governance and compliance matters
- providing advice and support in organising shareholders' general meetings of listed and private companies: invitation, script, coordination of shareholders‘ ledger, keeping of the minutes, independent shareholders’ representative
- duties and liabilities of board members and Management
- agreements with regard to board members and senior Managers
- succession planning and inheritance law
- providing legal support for start start-ups
- mergers & acquisitions, incl. due diligence
- due diligence process (including zoning and real estate register law issues)
- contracts on real estate transactions
- drafting of property by floor regulations
- contracts of work and Services
- enforcement of warranty claims / protection against warranty Claims
- tenancy law disputes
Litigation (incl. administrative and legal assistance)
- Pre-Litigation: We analyse the factual and legal situation, assess the litigation prospects and risks of your case and - if appropriate - conduct out-of-court settlement discussions with the counterparty.
- Litigation and Arbitration: We develop sustainable litigation strategies and draft efficient legal submissions, assist you in court hearings and meetings with authorities and - if necessary - challenge court decisions.
- the transmission of information and evidence abroad
- cross-border inter-corporate investigations
- issues concerning data protection
- the detection and recovery of assets in Switzerland
- the seizure, unfreezing and repatriation of such assets
Kommentar zu Art. 142 – 146 ZPO
Kommentar zur Schweizerischen Zivilprozessordnung (ZPO), Karl Spühler/Luca Tenchio/Dominik Infanger (Hrsg.), 2. Auflage, Basel/Genf/München, (2013).
BGE 133 III 416
(Urteil des Bundesgerichtes 5C.158/2006 vom 23. März 2007): Ausgleichungswert eines Erbvorbezuges (Art. 630 ZGB), successio (2008), 64 – 69.
Rechtsgeschäftliche Gestaltung der erbrechtlichen Ausgleichung
Diss. Zürich 2000.
Probleme um Art. 629 Abs. 1 ZGB
zusammen mit Dr. iur. Nicolas Herzog, ZBJV 135 (1999), 765 – 784.