lic. iur., LL.M., attorney-at-law, Counsel
University of Zurich (lic. iur., 2006); admitted to the Bar (Zurich, 2012); University of Melbourne, Law School, LL.M.; Jessie Leggatt Price
Legal trainee (2007) and legal associate (2008 – 2010) at the Secretariat of the Swiss Competition Commission; trainee (2010-2011) and lawyer (2013-2020) at a large international law firm in Zurich; since 2020 counsel at Holenstein Brusa
German, English, Italian, French
Preferred Areas of Practice
Litigation (incl. administrative and legal assistance)
The advice and support of companies and individuals in (pre-)litigation and arbitration proceedings are core skills of our lawyers:
- Pre-Litigation: We analyse the factual and legal situation, assess the litigation prospects and risks of your case and - if appropriate - conduct out-of-court settlement discussions with the counterparty.
- Litigation and Arbitration: We develop sustainable litigation strategies and draft efficient legal submissions, assist you in court hearings and meetings with authorities and - if necessary - challenge court decisions.
- the transmission of information and evidence abroad
- cross-border inter-corporate investigations
- issues concerning data protection
- the detection and recovery of assets in Switzerland
- the seizure, unfreezing and repatriation of such assets
Insolvency- and Restructuring Law
We have extensive experience in advising and representing companies and their executive officers and directors in both national and complex international restructuring and insolvency cases:
- representation of creditors or debtors in restructuring and insolvency cases
- representation of creditors in creditors’ committees
- representation of creditors or debtors in enforcement, attachment, garnishment or seizer proceedings
- representation of creditors, debtors or insolvency estates in litigation proceedings (see also Litigation and Arbitration)
- running insolvency proceedings as commissioner (Sachwalter), extra-ordinary trustee in bankruptcy (ausseramtliche Konkursverwaltung) or liquidator
- advising and supporting foreign bankruptcy trustees to attract and include assets located in Switzerland within the foreign bankruptcy estate
- provision of legal or expert opinions on matters of Swiss insolvency law
We advise Swiss and international clients on all aspects of competition law and represent them in proceedings before competition authorities and courts. Our services encompass in particular:
- advice on agreements among competitors
- advice regarding distribution networks
- advice of clients with a dominant position in the market
- merger control filings in Switzerland and coordination of international merger control procedures
- representation of clients in proceedings before the Swiss competition authorities and before courts
- representation of clients in competition proceedings under civil law before both state courts and arbitral tribunals
- support of clients in the event of dawn raids
Your contact person according to area of practice
Patrizia Holenstein, Dr. iur., LL.M.
Dr. iur., attorney-at-law, LL.M., Partner
Thomas P. Zemp, lic. iur. HSG
lic. iur. HSG, attorney-at-law, Partner
Damiano Brusa, lic. iur., LL.M.
attorney-at-law, LL.M., Partner
Franco Lorandi, Prof. Dr. iur. LL.M.
Prof. Dr. iur., attorney-at-law, LL.M., Counsel
Marc R. Büttler, lic. iur., LL.M.
lic. iur., attorney-at-law, LL.M., Partner
Jurij Benn, Dr. iur., certified tax expert
Dr. iur., attorney-at-law, certified tax expert, partner
Alexander M. Glutz, Dr. iur.
Dr. iur., attorney-at-law, Partner
Mauro Nicoli, lic. iur., LL.M.
lic. iur., attorney-at-law, Counsel
Regina Lehner-Höhener, lic. iur.
lic. iur., attorney-at-law
Doriana Mazzei, MLaw
Bastian Heinel, Dr. iur.
Dr. iur., attorney-at-law
Dusan Knezevic, MLaw