Marc R. Büttler
lic. iur., attorney-at-law, LL.M., Partner
University of Bern, Faculty of Law (lic. iur., 1994); Boston University School of Law (BUSL), Boston, LL.M. in American Law (1997/1998); admitted to the bar (1999)
Scientific employee Federal Office for Communications (OFCOM, 1994-1997), District Court of Signau-Trachselwald, Langnau i.E.; trainee with two mid-sized business law oriented law firms in Bern (1998/1999); associate with the law firm since 2000 (partner since 2007)
German, English, French
Preferred Areas of Practice
Media Law / Intellectual Property / Data Protection
Litigation (incl. administrative and legal assistance)
- Pre-Litigation: We analyse the factual and legal situation, assess the litigation prospects and risks of your case and - if appropriate - conduct out-of-court settlement discussions with the counterparty.
- Litigation and Arbitration: We develop sustainable litigation strategies and draft efficient legal submissions, assist you in court hearings and meetings with authorities and - if necessary - challenge court decisions.
- the transmission of information and evidence abroad
- cross-border inter-corporate investigations
- issues concerning data protection
- the detection and recovery of assets in Switzerland
- the seizure, unfreezing and repatriation of such assets
Business Law (incl. Contract Law, Corporate Law, Transactions / Mergers & Acquisitions, IT Law, Real Estate)
- incorporation of companies, corporations and establishment of branches
- company reorganisations and restructurings
- drawing up customised shareholder agreements and transfer Agreements
- establishment of company structures incl. by-laws and other internal regulations and directives, such as rules on management transactions, insider trading, data protection, anti-corruption etc.
- governance and compliance matters
- providing advice and support in organising shareholders' general meetings of listed and private companies: invitation, script, coordination of shareholders‘ ledger, keeping of the minutes, independent shareholders’ representative
- duties and liabilities of board members and Management
- agreements with regard to board members and senior Managers
- succession planning and inheritance law
- providing legal support for start start-ups
- mergers & acquisitions, incl. due diligence
- due diligence process (including zoning and real estate register law issues)
- contracts on real estate transactions
- drafting of property by floor regulations
- contracts of work and Services
- enforcement of warranty claims / protection against warranty Claims
- tenancy law disputes
Informationsrecht – Deutschland rüstet auf.
über Mediendienste der Länder vom 17. Februar 1997 und zum “Multimedia-Bundesgesetz” vom 13. Juni 1997 Zeitschrift für Immaterialgüter-, Informations- und Wettbewerbsrecht (sic!), 4/1997.
Information Highway – Rundfunk- oder Fernmeldedienst?
Reto M. Hilty (Hsg.). Information Highway, Beiträge zu rechtlichen und tatsächlichen Fragen, Bern und München 1996.